Pour l'instant, ce blog est pour moi un moyen de me motiver dans mon
expérience vers un poids et une vie saine, avec Weight Watchers.
Il m'arrive aussi de simplement parler de tout et de rien:)
En français ici, in english here :)

pour me rejoindre par email: cinemarie@gmail.com

dimanche 24 août 2008

Frescos & Company

One of these just opened a few doors from my work - I'm going to miss working there :(

I went in - it was a bit intimidating because the store looks pretty much empty except for 2 walls of 'fridges' on either sides... But the lady at the front desk quickly came to help out, and she was pretty friendly... I liked the idea of this store - it seemed like the healthiest way to have 'prepared' meals, without it being 'processed food', so I gave it a try - I had the Tomato & Dijon Chicken Pasta.

It comes in 2 neat containers - a smaller one that contains raw chicken, and a bigger one with the sauce, veggies and pasta...



















You basically stir fry the chicken for 5 minutes, add the veggies, cook for 2 minutes, add noodles and sauce, and cook for 2 more minutes... The veggies and chicken looked pretty yummy in the pan:




















It was pretty good, 3 good servings, which is great for a meal for 2, and one lunch the next day... That's 3 meals for 10.99 +taxes... Not sure if I'm right, but I counted 7 points for it, and I was pretty full... It tasted good, I liked that it had fresh spinach, tomatoes and yellow zucchini... It wasn't the greatest meal I've ever had, but it was pretty good... 100 times better than lean cuisine!! and S liked his meal too!! :)

But also, I liked that I didn't have to gather all those ingredients, cut them up, dirty a ton of dishes... It was a one pan, 10 minutes deal... Good thing for a lazy person like me ;)

I will try other items from the store and see if they're as good... They have a good amount of meals to pick from - there's a good 6 to 7 other items on their menu I would like to try... and a bunch of lunch salads as well...

I would do it again! :)

1 commentaire:

Laura a dit...

That looks delicious! I miss your French posts. Peut-être je dois laisser plus de commentaires en français?